- New taps at Broad Ripple Brewpub (from BRBP's Facebook page).
Broad Ripple Brewpub news
May 2 was "an historic day" for the Broad Ripple Brewpub, reports general manager Billie Hannan. The reason: "We went from the eight taps we've had for the last 23 and a half years to 16." Now pouring from all corners of Indiana are: BRBP's Port Barrel John Bob, Bloomington Brewing 10 Speed Hoppy Wheat, Crown Brewing North Pole Tadpole Pale Ale, Brugge Pooka Sour, Figure Eight Transcendent Quadruppel, Power House Diesel Oil Stout, Three Floyds Cimmerian Sabertooth Berzerker Pale Ale — and from Sebastopol, Calif., Ace Perry Cider.
Homebrewer Tim Palmer's 2013 State Fair Best of Show A Noble Daughter — brewed at Broad Ripple Brewpub with head brewer John Treeter — is a refreshing lager featuring Noble hops. This German Pilsner also gained Palmer a Silver Medal at the 2014 Masters Championship of Amateur Brewing, along with a Bronze for The Scottish Engineer. Nathan Compton, head steward of the State Fair Brewers Cup Competition, underscores the Masters Championship of Amateur Brewing is "a champions' championship. Only brewers who have won a first place in qualifying competitions are eligible to enter. Indiana Brewers Cup is a qualifying event."
New on tap
Flat12's collaboration beer with Great Fermentations 12 Penny Scottish Ale is back. "At 3.4 percent ABV and 17 IBUs, this cold-conditioned ale puts a light hop on to balance the malt," says Flat12 head brewer Rob Caputo. "Add in a nice, crisp finish and you've got a sessionable beer perfect to celebrate Spring," For homebrewers the kit is available at Great Fermentations.
The RAM downtown and Fishers features beers named after one of head brewer Scott Ellis' favorite action heroes, Arnold Schwarzenegger: Ahhhnold SCHWARZ-enegger and Get To Da Hoppa!!! And the downtown location is saying hello to a new general manager, Andrew Coy, and assistant brewer Nathan Scruggs.
Outliers' refreshing Whitcomb Rye is on tap at the newly refurbished State Fair Coliseum's second floor bar.
• Sun King Taproom: Hop Up Offa That Brett, King's Reserve cans, starting at noon.
• Fat Dan's Deli: Triton tap takeover.
• Cobblestone Grill (Zionsville): Three Floyds tap takeover, benefiting Boy Scout Troup 358 and NSA Northsar Community, from 6 p.m.
• Broad Ripple Brewpub: Tails & Ales in the parking lot, 6-9 p.m.
• Flat 12 and Peoples brews at Indy Eleven game vs. Edmonton.
• IndyHub Mudder's Day Run, benefiting Hollis Adams Foundation, features specials at Bier Brewery.
• Payless Liquors: Beer MBA class at Carmel location (726 Adams St.), 2-6 p.m.
• Festival on Main in Speedway will Indiana craft beer; more at indyfamilyfoundation.com.