District 7 Democratic Candidate
1) What do you offer as a candidate?
Everything that I've done in my life--from my education to my career choices has centered on helping others empower themselves. This is the same approach I take as a member of the City-County Council, and I want every local resident to have hope and the opportunity to succeed. I am dedicated, experienced and prepared to serve our Community.
2) What does your district most need from the City Council?
District 7 needs to receive a fair share of economic development opportunities and efficient city services.
3) What's your opinion of the 2012 budget proposed by the mayor?
4) What is your position on a comprehensive smoking ban?
I support a comprehensive smoking ban.
5) Do you think the city needs more police officers?
I believe the City of Indianapolis needs more police officers on the streets.
6) Do you support increased funding for public transit?
It is essential that we secure consistent funding for IndyGo.
7) Do you think the streets and sidewalks in your district are in good shape?
The streets and sidewalks in District 7 are fair-the district is not a walk-friendly community.
8) Name one project that would most benefit your district.
It is truly hard to name one project that would benefit District 7, as jobs and crimes are equally on the minds of my constituents. Projects that create an environment to recruit new companies and help existing business expand and projects that improve our quality of life with safer neighborhoods.