Makes one quart
Broad Ripple Brewpub's recipe for the gooey dairy nectar of the craft beer world has been a staple on the menu since day one. The recipe predates the current head cook Javier's time at the English style pub. According to Billy Hannan, general manager at the Brewpub, a version of it was originally on the Corner Wine Bar menu and it was modified for their use. The recipe can't be traced to any one cook.
• 1 1/4 lbs super cured American cheese
• 3 oz. blue cheese
• 1 cup of an Amber or Brown Ale
(Red Bird Mild is available now
from the Brewpub)
• 1/3 cup of Monon Porter
(anything dark will do)
• a pinch of dry mustard
• Aquire ingredients.
• Reward yourself with a pint
• Put everything in a pot over low heat.
• Stir constantly so it doesn't burn.
• Serve with bread. (We recommend Amelia's.)