- Submitted Photo
- Bier Brewery adds two golds to their wall of awards.
Munster-based Three Floyds Brewing Company moved past 62 entries in American Imperial Style Stout to gain Gold for Blot Out the Sun.
- Jordan Mullins
- A pint of Crooked Ewe's award-winning Scotch ale
South Bend-based Crooked Ewe Brewery & Ale House won Bronze for Glasgow Butcher Scotch Ale against 66 other entries.
On the evening of May 6, I watched the World Beer Cup awards ceremony in ‘real time’ via streaming alongside Michael Pearson at Daredevil Brewery & Taproom. While a large contingent of Indiana brewers were in attendance at the Craft Brewers Conference in Philadelphia, the first week of May, Michael was among the group of brewers with a calendar too full to take off for the biennial gathering with brewers coming from world-wide to share beers and learn from one another.
22 breweries won two awards. (Bier Brewery included)
6 breweries won three awards.
- The average number of beers entered per category was 69, up from 50 in 2014—a marker of the 2016 World Beer Cup’s high level of competitiveness.
- The category with the most entries was American-Style India Pale Ale with 275 entries.
- The second most-entered category was Imperial India Pale Ale with 181 entries.
- The third most-entered category was American-Style Pale Ale with 167 entries.
- Photos © Brewers Association
- The crowd at this year's World Beer Cup
The complete list of award winners is available for download.