Rock Bottom Downtown 20th Anniversary Events:
June 9: 5-7 p.m. Saison Tapping, “one of Brewer Nate Scruggs’ specialty beers”
June 15: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Chef Ty’s 4-course dinner paired with Brewer Nate’s beers.
Reserve at: 317-681-8180
June 16: 5-7 p.m. Tapping Anniversary Lager —Mexican Style Lager
June 17: 5-8 p.m. 20th Anniversary Celebration —Good Times & Great Beers
June 17: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Notice reads, “It's been 1 year since we first opened the doors of the taproom after relocating our brewery to Main Street Speedway so it's time to celebrate. Look for a full taplist and live music by Nick Dittmeier & the Sawdusterson this festive occasion.”
Sun King 7th Anniversary party
- Sun King
- The always anticipated Grapefruit Jungle
June 9: The RAM at Fishers, 6 p.m. Tapping ‘On Top of Mt. Simcoe,’ “Brewed with mountains of Simcoe hops, this double IPA has elevated flavors and aromas to take your senses to the top,” promises head brewer Shawn Byrnes. “Four balanced malts create a base for a bold pine, earthy and citrus hoppiness.” Also on tap RAM downtown, it comes in at 8% ABV, 80 IBU.
June 15: FLIX Brewhouse in Carmel, at 5 p.m. taps the FLIX ’Big Lebowski ‘ beer brewed in collaboration with Big Lug Canteen. "Stranger in the Alps,” appears for our exclusive showing of The Big Lebowski,” announced FLIX head brewer Chris Knott.
Taxman's newest can, “B-keeper Bier de Miel—honey Saison paired with hot summer days and whatever food you’d like.”
Sun King: Grapefruit Jungle - a unique blend of hops provide a jungle of aroma and flavors -passionfruit, tangerine, apricot, grapefruit, and orange zest - with just the right amount of malt balance to create an IPA. • Cans available on June 25 and draft June 27.
• Cherry Busey - a Flanders-style Oud Bruin Ale produced using a complex cocktail of wild yeasts and aged in a bevy of barrels. Cans Available June 23, at Noon.
• Triptonic - a Belgian-Style Tripel in which creamy banana character is balanced with smooth caramel sweetness. Draft Only.
• Popcorn Pilsner - Using Indiana-grown Riehle's Select popcorn added to SK’s German-Style pilsner recipe, the result is a crisp, balanced and refreshing beer with a dry finish and just enough hop character to keep things interesting. Cans Available June 24.
• Sun King's 7th Anniversary Beer - Mexican Lager • Draft Only • Available June 25
Flat 12 summer seasonal Cucumber Kolsch has a new look this year in 6-packs of 12-ounce cans.
The RAM’s Barefoot Wit is coming up on June 23. Brewer Shawn Byrnes says, “A true Belgian yeast” creates “an inspired, spiced Wit Ale. Let orange peel, coriander and German chamomile flowers inspire your soul for summer. Don't forget your fresh slice of orange.” 5% ABV, 20 IBU. Next up at both RAM locations is Pepper Pale Ale.
BRBP’s Seasonals include: Nice Weiss, a traditional German Hefeweizen brewed with 50% wheat and 50% barley. A specialized yeast is used to produce a cloudy beer with a heavy clove overtone and a slight hint of banana as it warms up. This beer is a perfect refreshment during a Monon excursion or with a meal surrounded by family and friends. ABV5.25%, IBUs14
• Lonely Hop Series (Sybilla) single hopped pale ale lends itself to a dry, herbal and floral flavor and aroma and uses hops that hail from Poland. The Sybilla hops are allowed to shine through on top of a simple malt bill. ABV6.6%, IBUs 34.6
• I Got Rye on It “is brewed for the bike polo group here in Indy,” says brewer Jonathon Mullens. “This beer is a malt liquor that breaks some traditions for the style; brewed with Warrior hops that allow a nice herbal note that gets balanced out by the slight sweet rye spice from the malts. Like the warriors that ride the courts this brew rides across your palate and leaves a bitter sweet finish on your tongue.” ABV9%, IBUs28.
• “The ESB returned June 6 and hopefully never will have to leave again,” confirmed Mullens. It’s a long story—ask at the bar.