The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week
beginning Monday, Dec 27, 2010, and ending Jan. 3, 2011.
Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. Why are the Whitebark pine trees dying at an alarmingly fast rate?
a. Airborne quagga mussels.
b. The voracious mountain pine beetle.
c. Insatiable loggers.
e. Because dying fast hurts the least.
2. How do coal industry execs want to rebrand the term "mountaintop removal"?
a. Mountaintop partytime
b. Mountaintop restoration
c. Mountaintop development
d. Coal liberation front
e. Electricity's release
3. What do farmers in Texas say a coal plant is doing to the local vegetation?
a. Steaming it
b. Killing it
c. Enhancing it
d. Causing mutations
e. Increasing nutrient value
4. How are the blizzards in northeast United States attributed to global warming?
a. The altitude of discrete areas of high pressure rises.
b. All of these answers combine to tell the story.
c. The albedo effect.
d. The weakening of the jet stream.
e. The loss of Arctic Sea Ice.
5. What did Michigan Congressman Fred Upton say about Obama's efforts to regulate greenhouse gases?
a. Regulations are like a "jackboot firmly up the nose of our economic recovery."
b. Regulations are like a "noose firmly around the throat of our economic recovery."
c. Regulations are like a "metaphor firmly on the throat of our economic recovery."
d. Regulations are like a "foot firmly on the throat of our economic recovery."
e. Regulations are like an "alien probe firmly up the whatchacallit of our economic recovery."
6. What does the new study by Environics Research Group indicate about average Canadians?
a. They are average.
b. They are from Canada.
c. They are in denial about air pollution's impact on human health.
d. They love Michael Moore.
e. They hate Americans
7. What will the Federal Bed Bug Work Group summit be summitting about?
b. None of these answers are true.