The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz)for the week beginning Monday, March 21, 2011, to test your knowledge of current, environmental news.
Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What is happening to the manta ray?
a. People are tapping them for their electrical currents.
b. Underfished to the point where they're taking over the ocean.
c. Being browbeaten by womantra rays.
d. Overfished to the point of being threatened as a species.
e. They are in a "death battle" with giant jellyfish.
2. Where is the pollution associated with the fast-growing economies of Asia ending up?
a. Up Asian noses
b. Into space
c. The Arctic
d. Sequestered into pants pockets
e. The US
3. It's been predicted for years; what is finally invading Antarctica?
d. Cane toads
e. King crabs
4. According to the Met Office in the UK, what needs to move up the climate change agenda?
a. Ostracizing the US
c. Recycling beer bottles
e. Colonization of Mars
5. What is threatening the existence of half the world's rockhopper penguins?
b. King crabs
c. Warming oceans
d. An oil spill from a shipwreck.
e. Rocks too large to hop over.
6. What has climate change brought for the first time to the UK?
a. Climate refugees
b. A sense of hopelessness
c. Record temps
d. Sea level rise
7. Why are the billionaire Koch brothers setting up shop in Alberta?
a. To learn a new language.
b. Nobody knows.
c. To get close to the Arctic Circle as it melts.
d. Starting the Canadian Denier Party.
e. Starting the Canadian Tea Party.