UPDATE (4/9/10): The party bus for this event has been canceled. The show will still take place in Lafayette, but there will not be a bus transporting fans to and from the show.
Local progressive jam band Ladymoon is actively reaching out to fans in neighboring cities, looking to expand upon an already sizable Indianapolis fan base. In February, the band headlined the official My Bloody Wedding after-party at Headliners in Louisville. Realizing a two-hour road trip for a two-hour show was a lot to ask of their local followers, Ladymoon offered an all-inclusive concert-lovers package that offered transportation to and from Louisville, admission at the door, and adult beverages provided on the bus.
The event was so successful that the men of Ladymoon (Ryan Brown, Nick Mallers, and Kris Potts) immediately went to work planning another trip on the party bus for their faithful fans.
This Saturday, for $20 (reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org, local music fanatics (over 21) will board a chartered bus in Broad Ripple that will transport them to the Lafayette Brewing Company. There, they will enjoy a well-rounded night of music featuring the “cosmic Americana” rock-n-roll of Lafayette’s Root Hog, the finger-pickin’ goodness of Bloomington’s New Old Calvary, and the smooth, psychedelic sounds of Ladymoon.
All the same perks apply as the last Ladymoon road trip:
- Chartered bus ride to Lafayette
- Beer provided on the bus (or bring your own beer in cans)
- Admission into the show
- Chartered bus ride back to Indianapolis
Additionally, a few non-tangible benefits exist:
- Not having to choose a designated driver
- Riding to the show with 40 friends, instead of four
- Open containers on the road trip to the concert
- Sleeping on the ride home
- And for the band: the comforting feeling of familiar faces dancing in the crowd at an out-of-town show