The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week beginning Monday, Nov. 8, 2010, to test your knowledge of current enviromental news.
New Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What does a report say about what extra biofuel production will cause in Europe?
a. Less corn syrup in snackfoods.
b. An increase in GMOs.
c. Riots in the streets.
d. A shitload of corn.
e. More carbon emissions than fossil fuels.
2. To what do experts now attribute whale strandings on the north-west coast of County Donegal?
b. Hearing loss.
c. Confusing "street" signs in the ocean.
d. Male whales embarrassed to ask for directions.
e. Misguided underwater gas station attendants.
3. What are a group of climate scientists planning to do regarding climate skeptics?
a. Fart in their faces.
b. Write mean emails about them.
c. Make fun of them at parties.
d. Put horses' heads in their beds.
e. Join a campaign to push back.
4. What has a type of paraben preservative used in, for example, shaving gels, been found to do?
a. Bend your parabens.
c. Cause DNA damage in sperm cells.
d. Create heinous acne scars.
e. Get you zestfully clean!
5. What are residents of Tuvalu facing?
a. Tea Party revolt.
b. Ammonia contamination from CAFOs.
c. Rising temperatures.
d. The disappearance of their island.
6. What does Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) plan to do?
a. Hold hearings that claim Earth is flat.
b. Hold hearings that debunk Climategate.
c. Hold hearings that rehash Climategate.
d. Hold hearings that confirm how smart he is.
e. Hold hearings to show off his white teeth.
7. What do researchers say BPA does to roundworms?
a. Makes 'em taste bad for fish.
b. Makes 'em square.
c. Makes 'em sterile.
d. Makes 'em dead.
e. Makes 'em smarter.
8. Who will be helping write UK health policy?
a. The tobacco industry, among others.
b. Paul and Ringo, among others.
c. Grumpy and Sneezy, among others.
d. Donner and Dancer, among others.
e. McDonald's and PepsiCo, among others.